School of Communication + Journalism (SCJ) Scholarships
Available for 2017-2018 Academic Year
These are scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students in SCJ. Details on submitting applications are below. Please note application deadline and plan accordingly.
How to Apply for Scholarships
• Go to https://fiu.academicworks.com.
• Sign in with your MyAccounts username and password.
• Complete the general application.
• Select the Opportunities tab and select Ours. Apply to all appropriate opportunities.
• In addition, AcademicWorks will search our database of awards and recommend scholarships in which the students may be eligible. Some students will be automatically entered into the applicant pool; others may need to answer additional questions first.
• Tip: A simple way to find all SCJ scholarships is to type “Journalism” in the search bar on the FIU AcademicWorks website.
APPLICATION PERIOD begins November 2016 and ends February 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and selection made by the SCJ Scholarship Committee in accordance with specific scholarship requirements at the end of the application period. In addition to the individual scholarship stipulations, students receiving a scholarship must attend SCJ’s annual student celebration and awards ceremony in March 2017 (exact date to be announced).
All SCJ Majors
Undergraduate and Graduate
- Gannett Foundation & National Association for Hispanic Journalists Scholarship (NAHJ members only)
- Janet Chusmir Memorial Scholarship
- Senator Gwen Margolis Scholarship
Public Relations Majors
Journalism/Broadcast/Digital Media Studies Majors
- Abel Mestre Scholarship
- Actualidad Radio Broadcast Journalism Scholarship
- CBS 4/WFOR-TV Scholarship
- John Wolin SCJ Scholarship
- The South Florida Black Journalists Association (SFBJA) Scholarship